|Larry directs herb planting|
Saturday, April 27, 2013
- Thinned the turnip, radish, and arugula beds
- Interplanted celeriac in the broccoli bed (Thanks to Vicki for giving us the celeriac which she started from seeds!)
- Planted leeks and herbs
- Harvested spinach
|Leeks and Dibbles (don't ask)|
- Moved the work table and tomato cages back inside the fenced garden in response to a complaint
- Continued covering the pathways with fresh wood chips
- Donated spinach to Our Daily bread. Many thanks to Chester for making the delivery.
Harlequin bugs were found on the broccoli plants. Plans were made to remove them and cover the plants.
A meeting was held at the end of the work hour. Obstacles to the
proposed garden expansion were discussed. Members gave suggestions and input as to how to proceed.